The College has an Examination Section headed by Mr. Ammiraju BV.
With a team of dedicated staff, the Examination section conducts University Examinations as per the norms laid down by the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
The Exam Section has a secured Online Question Paper Delivery System (QPDS) to print and pack question papers as per the directions of VTU. The Exam section ensures that the University exams are conducted strictly without any scope for malpractice. CCTV cameras are installed in all the class rooms and are made operational for all examinations as per norms.
The section also handles Application Issue and collection, Revaluation Application Issue and collection, Hall Ticket issue and Marks Card distribution.
- Each semester is considered as a unit and the candidate has to put in a minimum attendance of 85% in each subject with a provision of condonation of 10% of the attendance by the Vice-Chancellor on the specific recommendation by the Principal of the college where the candidate is studying, showing some reasonable cause such as medical grounds, participation in University level sports, cultural activities, seminars, workshops, paper presentation, etc.
- The basis for the calculation of the attendance shall be the number of periods prescribed by the University by its calendar of events. For the first semester students, the same shall be reckoned from the date of admission to the course as per CET allotment.
- The students shall be informed about their attendance position periodically by the colleges so that the students shall be cautioned to make up the shortage. The Principals of the affiliated Colleges shall submit the list of students who have been detained for shortage of attendance by the end of the semester to the Registrar (Evaluation) with a copy to the Registrar. Provided that mere omission by the college to inform the student about the shortage of attendance shall not entitle him to appear forthe examination.
- A Candidate having ashortage of attendance in one or more subjects and repeats the whole semester, such candidates shall not be permitted to take admission tothe next higher semester. Such students shall take readmission to the same semester in the subsequent academic year.
PROMOTION AND ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATIONS
- There shall not be any restriction for promotion from an odd semester to the next even semester, provided the candidate has fulfilled the attendance requirement.
- A candidate shall be eligible for promotion from an even semester to the next odd semester (i.e. to the next academic year) if the candidate has not failed in more than four heads of passing of the immediately preceding two semesters and has passed in all the subjects of all the still lower semester examinations. A theory or practical shall be treated as a head of passing.
- A candidate seeking eligibility forthe 3rd semester should not have failed in more than 4 heads of the passing of first and second semesters taken together.
- A candidate seeking eligibility forthe 5th semester should have passed in all the subjects of 1st and 2nd semesters and should not have failed in more than 4 heads ofthe passing of third and fourth semesters taken together.
- A candidate seeking eligibility forthe 7th semester should have passed in all the subjects up to 4th semester and should not have failed in more than 4 heads of the passing of 5th and 6th semesters taken together.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ASSESSMENT MARKS
2018(OBE & CBCS Scheme) & 2017 Batches (CBCS Scheme)
Maximum External & Internal marks for theory subjects & labs is 60 + 40 = 100
Passing Marks in theory subjects & Labs is 21+19=40
2015 Batches (CBCS Scheme)
Maximum External & Internal marks for theory subjects & labs is 80 + 20 = 100
Passing Marks in theory subjects & Labs is 28+12=40
2010 Batches (Non CBCS Scheme)
Maximum External & Internal marks for theory subjects 100 + 25 = 125
Passing Marks in theory subjects is 35+15=50
Maximum External & Internal marks for theory subjects 50 + 25 = 75
Passing Marks in theory subjects is 20+12=32
University Links related to Exams
University Academic Calendar : http://vtu.ac.in/academic-calendar/
Examination Guidelines : http://vtu.ac.in/examination-guidelines/
Examination Time-table (UG & PG) : http://vtu.ac.in/time-table/
Exam Circulars & notifications : http://vtu.ac.in/exams-circulars-notifications/
Online Fees payment & Application download related : http://vtu.ac.in/online-fee-payment/
University Exam Results : http://results.vtu.ac.in/
Queries in respect to Examination : http://vtu.ac.in/enquiry/